Navigation

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1)Club Shadowlands by Cherise Sinclair

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb

Her car disabled during a tropical storm, Jessica Randall discovers the isolated house where she's sheltering is a private bondage club. At first shocked, she soon becomes aroused watching the interactions between the Doms and their subs. But she's a professional woman--an accountant--and surely isn't a submissive...is she?

Master Z hasn't been so attracted to a woman in years. But the little sub who has wandered into his club intrigues him. She's intelligent. Reserved. Conservative. After he discovers her interest in BDSM, he can't resist tying her up and unleashing the passion she hides within.

Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: Anal play/intercourse, strong BDSM theme and content (including/not limited to bondage, caning, restraints, spanking, etc), exhibitionism, voyeurism. 


Review

Every once in a while a book comes along that grabs at your the literary brain cells. That you read and immediately want to read again, that while you're reading it, you can't put it down, you don't want it to end, you want to shout to everyone you know that they MUST, MUST read this book! You think about where the story is going to go next when you aren't sitting down holding it in your hands... well this is one of those books for me... one of those authors actually. Everything I've read by Cherise Sinclair (I recently finished the Mountain Masters series), and I do mean EVERYTHING has done this to me! I put one book down, only to start the next one! I've rounded a new literary corner and the sex is HOT!

Okay, I'm vanilla girl living in a vanilla world, plain and simple. I enjoyed Paranormal Romance.. then I moved a little further outside of my vanilla world and stepped into Paranormal Erotica... I thought I'd never get enough of that... then I found a group of ladies on Goodreads that read *Erotica*... *GASP* I picked up some pretty good recomendations from them, then I saw where they were talking about Cherise Sinclair and her Mountain Masters and Masters of Shadowland and I felt wicked just reading the blurbs! I couldn't understand why someone would want to read about such things as BDSM. There couldn't be any love or real romance, no HEA, just people torturing each other, or controling each other... right? RIGHT?

Wrong...

Enter Jessica, whose car breaks down in a storm, she walks and comes upon an estate where she askes to use the phone... one situation leads to another and she finds warmth, dry clothes... and Master Z. What she's stumbled into is a private BDSM club. Couriosity... ahh yes, couriosity is what keeps Jessica hanging around "just until she can get her car towed out of the ditch". Master Z takes good care of Jessica, and finds she is a true "Submissive" and now isn't it just lucky that he is the purrrrfect Dom? There are a lot of "scenes", and Jessica is scared, terrified... and well, turned on by it all... you'll have to read the rest to see how it goes. No spoilers here!

But I must tell you, this isn't for the faint of heart. It's raw and powerful. It will make you blush, laugh out loud, cringe, but I'll bet you won't be able to put it down!

Go on, I dare you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment