Navigation

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Mind blowing!

The Sordid Promise (A Sordid Love, #1)The Sordid Promise by Courtney Lane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars






Book Cover ★★★★
Book Blurb ★★★★
Writing ★★★
Character Development ★★★★
Ending ★★★★
Heat Rating ★★★★★

Overall Rating 4.0 Stars
310 Pages

My first thought as soon as I finished this book...



I don't even know what to say about this book! It was different, but I loved it. It was confusing at times, but I loved it!

This was a book I couldn't put down, I had to keep going to find out what the next totally screwed up thing was that was going to happen. There were a lot of surprises in this book. Just when you thought you had it figured out, nope, it made a complete 180° turn.

The odd thing about this book, and I've seen it said in numerous reviews... half the time I had no idea what the hell was going on, and at the end... I still wasn't sure!



The preface says this, "If you are not a fan of erotic, dark and twisted romances, psychological thrillers, or complicated romances this story will not appeal to you." Well hell... color me there for that alone! This book was exactly that and more.

This book also deals with some very touchy issues, such as suicide. Not something I normally want to read about in my books, but the author tells those parts of the story very well.

The sex in this book was erotic and ohhh sooo hot! It was usually well placed, and made sense in the grand scheme of the story, but there were a couple of times that I was like.. "damn, they're going to have sex again", and I'd have to do a little skimming.

About skimming... this is not really a book you can or should do that with. You *will* miss something important. I spent a lot of time backing up and re-reading some things. It's like watching a thriller on TV, don't turn away for a moment.. or you'll miss something that could effect the whole plot. Yeah, this book was like that!

The characters in this book are all messed up in the head... not just the main character(s)... but every single character in this book is dark and twisted in some way.



This book was twisted, totally fucked up, and one mind-fuck after the other.



Did I mention I loved it?


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment