Navigation

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Review: Show Me, Baby: 1001 Dark Nights


Show Me, Baby: 1001 Dark Nights
Show Me, Baby: 1001 Dark Nights by Cherise Sinclair

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Rating overview
Writing: ★★★★★
Story: ★★★★
Characters: ★★★ -1/2

Overall rating: 4.1

The Master's of Shadowlands is one of my favorite "go to" BDSM Series, and Cherise Sinclair is still in the top 10 of my all time favorite authors, so I was looking forward to curling up with my Kindle and the latest Master.

I enjoyed reading about Rainie and her naughty girl ways. She was fresh and fun, but lonely. She was in the submissive training program and she was suppose to be looking for a permanent Dominant, but Rainie was more of a "play the field" type of submissive. Besides, she feels that the perfect Dominant for her just isn't really out there, not for her anyway. It's with these thoughts that she makes the decision to move away from Florida.

Master Jake is a veterinarian by trade and sexy Dominant by choice. He enjoys playing with subs, but rarely with a sub more than once. He was in a long term D/s relationship, but it failed when she left him in pursuit of her career, and it's because of this very fact that he won't take another sub.

Until Rainey walks into his clinic and into the Shadowlands Club.

The chemistry between these two is everything you'd expect from a Cherise Sinclair book.

My only complaint is that it was SO overstated, and constant that Rainie was a BBW. We understood that from the beginning, but I felt like it was shoved in our face way more than it should have been. Thus the reason for the 4 star rating.

I was hoping for some new characters to be introduced that would lead to more in this series, but as it stands, I don't know how much further this series can go, or maybe that's Ms. Sinclairs intent, that the series is wrapping up. I really hope not, and perhaps there *will* be more that comes from her great imagination!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment