Navigation

Monday, February 2, 2015

Review: Enslaved


Enslaved
Enslaved by Marissa Honeycutt

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



*****5 Mind Blowing Twisted Stars!*****

Writing: ★★★★
Story: ★★★★★
Characters: ★★★★★

Overall rating: 4.6 (rounded up to 5 Stars)

Overall rating: 4.6 (rounded up to 5 Stars)

I don't even know where to start in this twisted tale! I love, and I do mean LOVE dark reads. The darker the better. While this one was dark, it wasn't the darkest I've read, but it was good. Really good! Also, with the author's promise of more darkness to come in the series, that makes me want to jump right in to book two!

Anna is such a sweet girl with a skewed view of the world, thanks to her "Guardians". She lost her parents in a car crash when she was 11. She went to live with her Guardian, Jack, and had contact with "Uncle Devin". These two sadistic bastards really are the epitome of psychos! From the age of 11 to 16, they treat Anna like a little princess. Showering her with love and... affection... and all the material things a little girl could want or need. She's very much loved and she loves the two men in her live more than anything.

Then Anna turns 16 and her world turns upside down. She is no longer considered their little princess, she is taken and put in the basement where she is tortured, raped, beaten, and "trained" to be the perfect submissive.

Until her 20th birthday. That's when things change again.

It's hard to tell, is she loved? Is there an ulterior motive? What are Jack and Devin up to? Who are the Germans? Why does she have visions of a man with cobalt blue eyes?

The twists and turns throughout this book kept me on the edge of my seat, shouting at characters, and feeling for Anna. I love when a book can do that to me.

Great start to what I hope will continue on to a great series read for me.

Highly recommend if you like dark and taboo!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment