Navigation

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Summer Storm by L. Wilder

Summer Storm by L. Wilder

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Writing: ★★★★
Story: ★★★
Characters: ★★★

Overall rating: 3.3


I realize this is a novella, and a lead into a series... but.. damn, the characters moved fast in this story. The instant "love" was a bit unrealistic to me.

They meet via email while Allie, who is a child of the foster system and employee of the Department of Children's Services is trying to secure a contractor to build a place where kids can congregate in a safe and fun environment.
Their emails turn flirty rather quickly, and by the time they meet, it seems to be love at first sight. Again, I get that this is a novella, but this was seriously fast.

I didn't really connect with the characters in this short story. However, looking at the ratings on the rest of the series, I think I'm going to continue, or at least see how Maverick turnes out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment