Navigation

Friday, September 30, 2016

Picture Me This by Marina Lovechild







Picture Me This by Marina Lovechild

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Writing: ★★
Story: ★★
Characters: ★★

Overall rating: 2 Stars




I wanted to love this book, I really did, but it just didn't hit the mark for me.

Sam is just a normal everyday college student who enjoys getting a little high and shooting pictures with her camera, mainly selfies. Between classes she likes to hide by the dumpsters and get stoned before class, which is where her photography teacher, Aiden, finds her.

Aiden is the good looking teacher that most of the girls are lusting after, but his shutter only snaps for Sam.

The two plunge into covetous, and forbidden, Teacher/Student affair, and I have to say some of the sex scenes were delicious!

But, I just couldn't get into the story or the characters. They seemed very one dimensional and flat. The premise of the story was a good one, and perhaps it could have been fleshed out more making the characters have a better connection.

The one thing I would strongly suggest is, "Edit, edit, edit...". There were a lot of editing mistakes, to the point of distraction at times.

Like I said, I really wanted to like this story, the author is such a sweetheart. I *will* be watching for more from her in the future, and I hope she takes this review in the helpful context in which it was meant.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment