Navigation

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Five Miles by Lili St. Germain





Five Miles by Lili St. Germain

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Writing: ★★★★★
Story: ★★★★★
Characters: ★★★★★

Overall rating: 5.0



"God hath given you a face, and you make yourself another."--William Shakespeare, Hamlet

"I don't know if it was God who gave me my face or my mother and father, but either way, it's gone now. Sliced away, reshaped by a man with kind eyes and skilled hands. I did it so he would desire me, so he wouldn't know who I really was.


And now I have the face of a killer." --Juliette/Sammi


We start off Book 3 of the Gypsy Brothers' Series with 2 dead sons, Cade and Maxi, behind us. Two down, and 4 brothers plus dear old dad left.
 

Dornan seems to get more and more deranged with each book. Juliette/Sammi has been warned that he will kill her if she ever betrays him.
   
But Juliette is determined, no matter what, to carry out her revenge. And with Elliot, albeit reluctantly, helping her, she doesn't feel she can fail.

I sometimes think that Juliette thinks she's invincible.
"I'm reminded of the dangerous game I’m playing here. Like Russian roulette, but with more bullets in the gun and I’m the girl holding the fun to my head, hoping desperately to hear an empty click each time I pull the trigger instead of my brains splattering on the wall behind me." --Juliette


Sometimes I just want to scream at Juliette that she's not only putting herself in grave danger, but also Jace, Elliot, Elliot's ex-girlfriend and their daughter, Elliot's grandma... and anyone else that her life intersects with. She is so single minded in her revenge that she take incredible risks.

I know I've said it in my previous reviews, but I really loved this series. The author steps it up in each book, and throws in some really good twists, and they're dark, oh so dark... which if you know me, you know I love.
 


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment