Navigation

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Seven Sons by Lili St. Germain






Seven Sons by Lili St. Germain

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Writing: ★★★★★
Story: ★★★★★
Characters: ★★★★★

Overall rating: 5.0



After coming off the high of reading the Cartel Series, I couldn't wait to get into the Gypsy Brothers Series! And I wasn't disappointed!

       
 "'Confucius said. "Before embarking upon a journey of revenge, dig two graves.'
I planned to dig seven"
Seven Son's picks up 6 years later after Juliette was brutally and horrifically raped by Dornan and 6 of his 7 sons while the 7th son, Jason (Jase), was forced to watch. Juliette was all but dead when she was taken to the hospital. Dornan didn't *want* her dead, he still needed information from her on where her father, John, hid the money that he embezzled.

But as far as Dornan and his sons knew.. well as far as everyone knew, Juliette died in the hospital. But she was actually rescued by Elliot, a cop that was on the case. He took her back to his grandma's home in Nebraska where she was nurtured and loved.
     

"Elliot was my one constant. He was gentle and kind. He listened to all of the demons inside me that were clamoring to smother me, to kill me. He held me while I cried. He wiped away my tears.

And then, inexplicably, he fell in love with me." --Juliette
Elliot loved Juliette, and Juliette loved Elliot, but she had nothing but revenge on her mind and that overshadowed anything she could ever really have with Elliot. And she was still in love with the boy that Dornan brought home one day when they were only 16 years old, Jase.

Dornan had killed Jase's mom, leaving her dead body in the bathtub for Jase to find, then Dornan took Jase "home" to meet his family. Yes, Dornan is Jase's father... but he's frickin' Psycho!!
 

Oh, yes he *did*. Dornan loved his sons in his own twisted and fucked up way. And I think he actually grew to love Jase... but the other 6 brothers, not so much. They were cruel to Jase. Sadistically cruel.
 

In Juliette's quest for revenge, she wants to infiltrate the Gypsy Brothers and kill them all, one by one. She goes to Thailand to have total facial reconstruction. The only thing she can't hide are the 7 slash marks on her hip where each of the 6 brothers and their father slashed her with a knife when they were (each) done raping her.
 
"Today my name is Juliette Portland, but tomorrow I will wake up as someone else entirely.

So with a new face, she heads for the Gypsy Brothers' compound, to begin her quest for revenge as Samantha/Sammi Peyton.

She is able to seduce Dornan into making her his new girlfriend. And as Sammi finds out, Dornan is just a brutal *in* bed as he is out of it.

Moving from the Cartel Series into the Gypsy Brothers' series I find that the Dornan I liked in the past is truly no more. He feeds off cruelty. He's dark and twisted, and did I mention psycho?
   

Seeing Jase again and not being able to tell him who she is, is tough on Juliette, but she has to maintain her cover or risk being killed.

I'm glad I read the Cartel Series first, even though, I think it was intended as a prequel. I felt like I followed the timeline into hell much better.

The Gypsy Brothers' series is proving to be even more twisted and sadistic than the Cartel series.
   
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment